13.6.11

30 Song challenge A song that is a guilty pleasure.

It would seem any pretense of this being a daily (or even weekly) project has long since evaporated, due entirely to me not being bothered (again) and having recently aquired 'LA Noire'.  Maybe I'll get it finished by the end of the year.

As my good friend Paul commented on his recent post on the same subject, the very idea of a guilty pleasure makes no sense to me, the thought of liking something, and being embarassed about it just doesn't compute, and as a result I've really struggled with this subject.  This song is NOT a guilty pleasure, but one I considered fot the next subject, it IS however, one of the best pop songs of the last decade, along with a number of this chap's other singles. (Also - before Timberland wasn't a massive pain in the backside.)



No comments:

Post a Comment