21.6.11

30 day song challenge. A song that nobody would expect you to love.

One problem I've encountered in the incredibly slow undertaking of this challenge is the fact that a good friend of mine is also undertaking it.  Shouldn't be a problem really.  But the fucker keeps making the same point that I was planning on making a day or two later, leaving me with the option to either appear to be plagiarising his blog, or writing very little.  You fucker.

I digress,  this subject, much like the last has been one that's had me stumped since day one,  for one thing, I don't know what people expect me to like (skinny white men baring their soul perhaps, step forward Messers Oberst & Stevens) and secondly I think I have fairly eclectic tastes.  So, today's choice is not a song I love, but one I like, and perhaps one that stands out a little amongst my record collection.

*Some over egged analogy about vocals like gravel and other things that would hurt your knee if you fell on it.*
It's an incredibly laid back record, one to get absolutely mashed to (not that I would condone such things, or even know what I'm talking about, Officer), but behind that, lies some considerable menace.  It's also an utter mess, and all the better for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment