27.6.11

30 day song challenge. A song you used to love but now hate.

Bit of a cheat this one, ad it's not * exactly * the same song, but hey.

Deftones ' White Pony' soundtracked the summer I sat my GCSEs,  it's a seminal record, and it holds a very particular place in my heart. 'Pink Maggit' (top video), the closing track (yes, I know, 'The Boy's Republic', but that was only on the Limited Editions, so I'm discounting it, because I can) from that album really is something special, atmospheric, brooding....imagine my horror then, when, in what I can only assume was a cynical ploy to sell a bucket load of records, they reduced it to a nu-metal (a genre the Deftones were unfairly lumped into) dirge; 'Back to School (Mini Maggit)'  And the end of the video, dear god.....




 Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment