10.5.11

30 day song challenge. A song that reminds you of someone

Straylight Run - The Tension & the Terror

One Tuesday in April 2005, I went for a drink with some friends, who DJ'd at the local 'rock' pub.  I got my beer, and sat down with them.  There was, amongst their number, someone who I'd not met before, but had been told plenty about, mostly about how ace she was.  We were introduced, and some noises emanated from my mouth.  I didn't see her again for a about 10 days, but she popped into my head every now and then, she seemed really nice I thought.  Back to the pub a few weeks later, and the guys were DJing again, I asked one of them to play this song, then sat, talked, and utterly hit it off (despite my intense awkwardness - which would lead me to believe, on a few occasions, I'd buggered it up without it even starting) with the girl. They played the song, I felt awkward, she didn't twig, they played it at my request over the next few weeks, eventually i told her to listen, oh, man, THAT smile, utterly floored me. 
We had a lot of fun, still do.



No comments:

Post a Comment