18.5.11

30 day song challenge. A song that makes you fall asleep

I can't think of a song that MAKES me fall asleep as such, I had considered posting a Sigur Ros song, but realised the accompanying blog entry would read thusly:

blah blah blah ethereal blah blah serene blah blah blah blah David Attenbrough documentary. blah.

and that would have been something of a cop out, yes?

In my...more formative years...I had a few audio staples that I would carry with me whenever a long journey was likely (it meant I could avoid listening to The Best of Simply Red in my parents car over and over...and over again.)  along with my Roald Dahl audio tapes was 'Now That's What I Call Music! 26'.  I'd like to say that I was an incredibly discerning 9 year old, and that the songs on that double cassette that really grabbed my attention were Radiohead's 'Creep', R.E.M's 'The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite' and 'Play Dead' by Bjork & David Arnold.  But they didn't.  That honour fell to 'Two Princes' by Spin Doctors and most of all 'Boom! Shake the Room' by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.

'NTWICM! 26' was also what I listened to, almost exclusively, when going to bed, and every time I did, without fail, I would wake up this song still in my head.

Night All.

No comments:

Post a Comment